Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Music, The Bread of Life

I am on a massive music kick right now, just going through my favorites on an old YouTube channel and going "Damn, why haven't I listened to that recently?" or "Holy Shiznit! I forgot all about that song!" It makes me want to post a shit ton of songs for no real reason!!

However, I'll settle for posting them everyday (or as I can, whatever works right?). The videos may not be so good, but its the song that matters, not the video. Am I right? And maybe this will help kick start my writing? Possibly?

Maybe not, but we'll give it a go. Aside from driving Donnie crazy, it makes me happy. ^_^

On to today's song!! There were so many to choose from, but I settled for "Dear God," by XTC. XTC is a British New-Wave band active from the 70's up until 2005. Trent first introduced me to this song (being that he has some interesting musical tastes as well) back before I moved to live with Fawn (2008).

I hope you like it as much as I do. I truly feel a lot of the lyrics for this song, being in a constant state of turmoil regarding the religion I was raised in and the disbelief I feel towards religion as a whole today. I believe in a God. Or gods/goddesses. I do not necessarily believe in the God of the Christians. Having been involved in Christianity for most of my life I know a lot about the bible and the beliefs system, but none of it seems to match up with what we are supposed to be doing. What we are supposed to be.

I can't follow a God who just allows stuff to happen. Or even condones it. I am not a metal to be fired. I am a human being who breaks much more easily than a metal. And though He says we never go through more than we can handle, there is a lot that I can't handle and I have gone through it. I survived (in some cases, barely), but does that mean I CAN handle it?

I don't know. Its all a huge mystery to me. I am not a "believer" (or belieber for that matter) anymore, but in many ways I miss going to church and praying to God. Strange, I know. Oh well. On to the song, shall we?

Dear God - XTC

No comments:

Post a Comment