Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Got Ye, Babe.

And nobody but me, appreciates the joke I just made there. Oh well.

Today, thanks to one of my friends, I found (and subsequently fell in love with) this artist named Gotye. He is a Belgian-Australian (Donnie: Does that mean he likes Vegemite on his waffles?!) and I really love his music. I downloaded his latest album and I'm about half-way through it. I already have a couple favorites.

I suppose the other really interesting thing about this guy is how he dispersed his first record. He recorded clips for four different songs, wrote out the track list himself and made fifty copies, sending them out to a bunch of different radio stations.

He has such an interesting electronic/pop sound. If you are interested in the more electronic side of it, listen to his song "State of the Art." It is trippy as fuck to listen to, but awesome as hell!!

So, for your viewing pleasure, Somebody that I used to know by Gotye, feat. Kimbra.

No comments:

Post a Comment