Thursday, December 08, 2011

Say Something. Anything.

Another one from Britain today. Another one that Trent introduced me to and I explored even more on my own.

This song is called "Say Something" by James. There are two different versions for this video. There is a US version and I guess a regular version.

I love the desperation of this song. I have felt this way before too. And I think it kind of relates to religion as well. Especially the lines,

"Say something, say something, anything. I've shown you everything, give me a sign. Say something, say something. Anything! Your silence is deafening."

Its kind of heartbreaking, when you think about it, really. You are trying so hard, but there is nothing there. Nothing to respond. Everything is dead, everyone is upset. There is no love or anything. When you think of it in that context, it is a very depressing and very sad song.

Say Something - James

No comments:

Post a Comment