Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Dragon's Age (Or Two)

As many of you know, I love video games. Not a lot, I'm rather picky about the ones I play, but I do enjoy playing. Especially "Dragon Age" and "Dragon Age II". And the biggest reason for this? I enjoy the game play, I enjoy the characters. But I love the romance.

Yep, I love the romantic aspects of those two games. Too which Donnie always rolls his eyes. He says that it is dorky, it is silly, it is awkward. But I can't help it. I have had so few romantic encounters in my lifetime, that I really do enjoy little romances in books and video games. Or tv shows. And when I'm inspired by their romances I want to write stories about it.

Yes, I admit it. I have written a couple of fanfics in my time. The two largest being "J-Rock Wizard of Oz" (which you have all read, I'm sure! ;P) and one I wrote when I was fifteen involving myself, my friend Jo, my friend Ethan and the characters from the Lord of the Rings. And that may also have involved a little romance between myself and Eomer... Okay, it did.

Is it wrong that these things inspire me to write timid little fanfics?

Okay, one of my fanfics may not have been so timid... I may or may not have written a smutty love scene between Qui-Gon Jinn and a twi'lek when I was sixteen. May or may not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And now that I've gone off on that rather uncomfortable tangent, back to the topic at hand.

Erm... what was the topic? *scrolls up* Oh right! Video games and Dragon Age(s). I accidentally came across a cosplay of Morrigan (DA 1) on Deviant Art (dA) and this in turn led me to an interesting group that is devoted to Dragon Age(I & II). Mostly it was pictures. Including a few uncomfortable ones involving characters that are decidedly not that sexy.

After saving a bunch of hilarious pictures for Donnie (he likes looking at crazy fan-art), I wandered over to YouTube to get a song for today. Well, lo & behold there is a cute little video of Merrill and Fenris (two characters from the DA 2, Fenris is HOT!) having a little conversation about how Fenris is in love with Hawke (the player character). I couldn't resist opening it and watching it, even though I've had this dialogue before when I was actually PLAYING the game. And, because I enjoy tormenting you all with my eclectic tastes and what not, here is said video. I'll get the music later! :P

"But your face might crack if you smile, so be careful"

No comments:

Post a Comment