Sunday, December 04, 2011

Disturbed

I believe in watching (and reading) things that disturb me, because if I am not disturbed by watching a little girl lying in the street after being run over by two vans whose drivers didn't care and passersby just stare and walk on or seeing a tiger trapped and dying of starvation/dehydration while its habitat is destroyed just miles from it or reading the numbers tattooed on the arm of a Jewish child in a concentration camp then I am no longer moved to action. I am no longer the person I want to be if these things no longer bother me.

So if these images disturb you, if they tear at your heart and eat at you don't just sit there. Don't just stand by and allow yourself to become desensitized to the horrors that go on around you!



No comments:

Post a Comment