Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pistachio Pudding Pie for the Win

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Okay, so mine doesn't look as awesome as that one, but it is damn close!

Yes, I made a pistachio pudding pie. (Mmm Pie!) For no reason other than to try it. It is my first pie making experience. And it wasn't homemade. Which makes me sad, but next time it will all be from scratch.

Speaking of pies, I'm thinking of trying to make a Rose Petal Pie. Yes, a pie made from rose petals (well in my mind, in real life it is completely different). My friend, Jo, and I came up with that idea for a game we used to play. I don't know how I'll go about it, but I want to do it. Of course all the recipes I find for it involve strawberries and only a tiny bit of Rose Water.

I also thought about it as being like a pudding filling and that each pie was specific to the color of the rose. White rose pie was creamy white, Black rose pie was dark like chocolate. And each pie varies by the color of the rose. Lighter colored roses are sweeter and Darker colored roses are more like cinnamon and nutmeg, spicy with a bite of sweet. I have a very good imagination, apparently.

Also my mother said the most epic thing ever!
Me: I have 21 dollars in one dollar bills.
My mom: Its okay, people will just think you are a waitress. (pause) Or a lap-dancer.
Me: MOM!

That is my tangent for the moment. Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment