Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Disgusted

* Mood: Outraged
* Listening to: the reports on MSN.com
* Drinking: Coffee

I cannot understand why someone would break into a museum and destroy the priceless histories within.

For those of you who don't know the Cairo Museum was broken into and several (I don't know an exact number) artifacts were destroyed, needlessly. Even two mummies did not escape the desecration.

I agree, wholeheartedly, with Dr. Zahi Hawass "My heart is broken and my blood is boiling".

Who does that? Who goes out and ravages history's final remnants? We have only this one life and it is spent reaping the rewards of History's lessons and we choose rather to destroy it than to preserve it! Who cares about history? Who cares about some dead guys wrapped in cloth in a museum somewhere thousands of miles across the ocean?

I CARE! We are the products of history! We are history in the making! Why would we ever choose to destroy rather than to protect?!

It is ridiculous! I have completely lost faith in a humanity that robs the dead and desecrates a house of History.

No comments:

Post a Comment