Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Fabulous Evening

AKA: L.E.D.'s Birthday Party

First there was Dinner

We had originally planned to go to O'Charley's for dinner. When Kid, L.E.D. and myself arrived the front of the store was packed and we were told it would be about an hour before we would be able to get a table. So, we stood outside (freezing our asses off) and wondered what we should do.

We looked across the highway and saw Domo Steak and Sushi. We call and they say we can have a table right away (we were expecting a few others). We go over there and meet the rest of our party, only to discover that they cook everything with rice, which I am severely allergic to (yes, it majorly sucks).

So we go back over to O'Charley's. Lira (one of our friends) makes it there just in time to get our table that we were waiting for. We all get to the business of eating and enjoying one another's company. We see Adam (our favorite waiter), he teases L.E.D. about her birthday and we all laugh. She waves her butter knife at him and he playful acts scared. He is fun and I love going to O'Charley's not just for the food or the great alcohol, but for seeing Adam and him being funny as hell.

It was wonderful.

Then there was the Bar

After dinner we decided to go out to a bar downtown. It is the only place that can classify as a dance club in our town. Which is depressing considering how it is a college town.

At the club we meet up with two of Lira's friends, Robin and Sam. We all chit-chat a little, mostly just waiting for the upstairs to open for dancing as we are all itching to listen to some music and just let loose. Robin and Sam take a blow-job (a mixed alcoholic beverage with whipped cream on top) off of Lira's lap and then she takes one off of theirs. Which, was definitely amusing, to say the least.

L.E.D. got a free t-shirt saying "Blow Me, Its My Birthday". Kid bought her a Vanilla Vodka and Coke and Lira bought her a Flaming Dr. Pepper. She liked the Vanilla Vodka and Coke, but apparently the Flaming Dr. Pepper had beer in it, which she didn't like. And the cupcake on her shirt looked more like a muffin, but it was pink and looked fabulous on her.

Also there was the outrageously gay guy. S.S. (one of our friends from High School who had come with us) and I were coming out of the bathroom when we saw this guy walk by in a, dangerously low, bright green, v-neck shirt (that showed off some beautifully sculpted pectoral muscles) with a cut out piece in the back to show off his shoulders. As he walked by he said, in an outrageous valley girl/gay guy accent,

"Hey! What are we doing tonight?!"

I looked at S.S. and she looked at me, both of us stunned into silence for a moment. Finally, after a second or two, I said,

"I'm not sure what just happened there, but we are going to go with it."

After that Lira and I made jokes about making out, including me asking her fiance if he would care if I just started kissing her. He smiled and said he wouldn't care at all, to which Lira said she loved us both even more.

Finally (after waiting for what seemed like years) we head upstairs to the dance section of the bar. We stand around and chat for just a little bit. We are dancing some, but the music isn't ready yet. The D.J. is still setting up his playlist and we are just waiting for him to let it rip.

The Music FINALLY Begins

The beat is reverberating through my chest, my head, my body is moving with it. We are one heartbeat, one body moving in and out of sync. The music is like an explosion building heat at my core and expanding outward, faster and faster. The lights are flashing and we are dancing. It was magnificent, glorious and wonderfully freeing. And, believe it or not, Sarai (as in ME) got low on the dance floor!

We danced to Ke$ha, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Katy Perry, Lynrd Skynrd and Usher. I felt like a part of a movie. I have never experienced something so wonderful!

One of the greatest moments was when two guys (brothers) that I used to go to High School with showed up. They somehow cleared a portion of the floor and they began break dancing! I kid you not, they were break dancing on the floor. We all stood there screaming our consent and watching mesmerized by the sight of them. Then this beautiful girl began dancing in the middle of them so that it looked like she was being fought over by the brothers and it was as if they had purposefully planned this little drama for us. Then everyone crashed back into each other, dancing and moving with the music as it thrummed through all of our bodies.

The greatest break dancing I've seen (the only break dancing I've seen in person) and James (the oldest brother) actually lost his shoes while dancing and didn't miss a beat. They flew off and he didn't even lose his balance!

The Miscellaneous details

It got way too hot and way too crowded after a little bit so we moved outside onto a porch built onto the club. We all sat in a shaded area and shouted above the music pounded out of the club. Sam, one of Lira's friends, complained about her feet hurting, because she was dancing in heels (which I was also doing!). I offered to rub her feet. She said yes and imagine her surprise when I actually pulled her feet into my lap and began rubbing them.

She was really cute too, so I was perfectly happy, and very flattered, when every few moments she moaned how she was in heaven because of my foot rubbing skills. She even told me that if I get a license in Massage Therapy she will pay me $50/half hour a week to rub her feet.

I also rubbed Robin's shoulders. She was also quite pleased with my skills. Then it was 1:30am and Kid, L.E.D., S.S. and I were leaving and headed back home.

Home Again

Once home I had to tell Donnie all about my adventures and he told me about his day. We laid down for bed and I fell asleep sometime after 3:00am. I didn't even move! I woke up at 9:18am in the same position I had gone to sleep in (which is UBER rare for me, since I roll a lot). And I hadn't woken up in-between at all. In fact, it was the best sleep I've had in a long time.

So, that was the crazy, beautiful, eventful, fabulous evening we had celebrating L.E.D.'s birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment