Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Best Wedding Idea Ever

As many of you know I am planning on getting married September 1st, 2012. Whether this happens or not is another topic for another blog. So, let's put the emphasis on PLANNING. Anyway, I was sitting with my roommate, Jamal, and my brother, Chris, eating a frozen dinner and reading "The Looking Glass Wars" (which is pretty awesome so far) when I get this text from LED.

The text says "Sarai go look at the message i sent u on facebook"

So, I get on Facebook and see that she has sent me a rather lengthy message. Little did I know that the message was going to contain extreme amounts of AWESOME!

LED's message

Sarai! Sarai! I just had a fantastical idea for your wedding!

Picture this:

You are Lady Guinevere or Maid Marian or whatever, and you are getting ready for your wedding to you true love--the squire-wannabe knight, Donald. You are getting ready and then--poof!---the dreaded Prince Phil (or whoever) comes and kidnaps you to make you his bride! You are locked in a tower! Guarded by a large, fire-breathing dragon (played possibly by Chris)!

"Oh, no! The Lady has been kidnapped! Someone must rescue her or she will be forced to marry the evil, dreaded Prince Phillip!"

"I will save her!" And Donald, donning his shining armor and sword, races off to save you! He fights the great fire-breathing dragon as you watch on from your tower, crying, "Oh! My beloved! Save me! Oh! ...Watch out for the dragon!"

And Donnie will fight valiantly and slay the great dragon! (We can add a dice role to add his favorite pastime if he wants. But we might need to rig the dice to make sure he gets a twenty every time. Unless, of course, he doesn't want to win.) Then Donnie will race up the steps to your tower and fight the dreaded evil Prince Phillip and defeat him in front of a nervous, apprehensive crowd! The final battle--who will win?--DONNIE OF COURSE

When Donnie finishes off the evil Prince Phillip, he comes to your tower and rescues you! Then the two of you walk down the aisle of Christmas-light-covered trees and rose petals and get married.

The end.

We can change that last part, it is a little anti-climatic...

End Message

And, after reading this, I totally realized this was the BEST WEDDING IDEA EVER!! It not only incorporates my Medieval theme, it incorporates my love of acting, my acting friends, Donnie's love of D&D and our mutual love for one another. Who doesn't want to be saved by their Prince Charming on their wedding day?

Every little girl dreams of a fairy tale wedding to their Prince (or Princess) Charming. I just may get mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment