Saturday, February 18, 2012

It is moments like this...

Today I was at work and my boss was telling a funny story about these little kids in a cart with a big white cake with strawberries on it. One of my co-workers decided to share a story about a little kid as well.

She starts her story by talking about a Muslim woman with her son in the cart. She says that she knew that the woman was Muslim because of the "tablecloth" she was wearing over her head. She then went on to say that the woman was complaining about a cake that she had received and that she (the woman telling the story) had never gotten a bad cake from this particular bakery.

At this point I zoned out. Before this moment I liked this particular co-worker well enough. She and I have very different opinions regarding politics, but I have several friends like that. However, there is one thing I will not tolerate in my friendships.

Religious and racial intolerance. Particularly religious intolerance by so-called patriots of Religious freedom. If your freedoms are under attack that is one thing, but its okay to discriminate and alienate and take away the religious freedoms of another because they are different.

By the way, in case you were wondering, its called a Niqab, not a tablecloth. It is to keep one pure and set apart for Allah. It is to show love and devotion to Allah. It is to show modesty. Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass you would know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment