Sunday, February 19, 2012

Is this Your Husband?

Thursday night my friends, Ouragan and Megan M., and I went to the Gay Bar. It was Karaoke night. And apparently this also means the drink prices were lowered. Which was fine by me, because it meant getting to drink more!

Anywho, we (as in Megan and I) sat at the bar and Ouragan (our wonderfully amazingly awesome designated driver) stood protectively by us. He even sang a couple songs for karaoke.

The one of the best parts of the night (besides getting to drink new drinks!) was when our bartender went up and sang "Poor Unfortunate Souls" by Ursula, from "The Little Mermaid"!! He was AMAZING! Truly! Oh my God. And the man could mix a mean Jolly Rancher Shot too. ^_^

The DJ was cute, by the way. And I am pretty confident that he was straight because he was kind of hitting on me (and he wasn't the only one!). Which was nice, sort of. Though I'm not used to being hit on by men when I'm at the Gay bar. He was also a pretty fantastic singer!

Another fantastic moment was when this young woman came up to me and told me I was beautiful. Of course, she prefaced that with the fact that she was drunk, but a compliment is a compliment damn it! Of course that wasn't the only thing she said.

She asked me if Ouragan was my husband! It was HILARIOUS! When I told her no, she seemed excited by me being "single." I corrected this by telling her that I did have a husband, but that he was very open to me being with women. Which is true. She asked if he would be involved and I said no. She was sweet and I wish I had gotten her number, but she wasn't really my type.

We had some fantastic drinks, listened to some fantastic (and some horrific) music, and overall just had a great time. I can't wait to do it again! Maybe this next time I'll get a number? Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment