Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Word of the Day

You might not know this, but I like to write. A LOT.

I love words, I love the way they feel in my mouth when I speak, the flavor that they produce. A bouquet of words, so fragrant and rich with meanings and synonyms! They are like a fancy feast laid out before me! A starving woman stuffing my face full of verbs and adjectives, nouns and homonyms!

Anyway, now that I'm done gushing about words, here is a list of what words I have done so far. Not very many as you can see, because I only started this practice on the first of this month. I have been doing this a whole week!

April 1st: Verbosity (the perfect way to begin anything having to do with being wordy)
April 2nd: Protean
April 3rd: Redemption (This was inspired by Gackt!)
April 4th: Abecedarian (I borrowed this from a book I read)
April 5th: Sequester
April 6th: Juxtaposition (Donnie likes to pick hard words for me.)
April 7th: Precocious (Today's Word!)

What I do for the word of the day is this:
I pick a word.
Define it.
Get a sample sentence for it.
Write out a paragraph involving the word.

Would you like to read the paragraphs I wrote for my words of the day?

Verbosity
God's penis, Boris, had a penchant for verbosity. He rambled, he chattered and he generally drove everyone in the vicinity crazy. His superfluous word usage eventually drove God to drastic measures. He decided to cut off Boris' lips therefore preventing him from speaking anymore. He performed the first circumcision and then dictated to Abraham that everyone should have one. This craze caught on and penises everywhere were forever silenced.

Protean
The protean woman glanced all around before slipping into something a little more comfortable. Comfortable being, in this case, a white jade version of Venus de Milo holding a pink jasper platypus. Her next shape might be an amoebic giraffe or Michelangelo's David or a lipstick lesbian! Anything was possible! Thank God for big vats of toxic waste. She just knew she would be the next big thing, perhaps literally!

Redemption
Her redemption came in the form of a kiss. A tender kiss, full of questions and hope. When it was over she felt quenched, atoned, thirsty for more. The desire to be kissed like that again overwhelmed her senses. The caress of skin on skin, tentatively tasting tongue and teeth, it drove her crazy. One redeeming kiss that cost her soul.

Abecedarian
An abecedarian, Little Timmy was so proud of his most recent accomplishments. Feeling awfully clever, Little Timmy went to show his mother how well he had memorized his ABC's. He could now spell cat and hat, bat and flat. What a marvelous thing the alphabet was! When he got home he proudly showed his mother a list of words he had learned. Maybe he'll learn someday why his mother turned so red when she got to the words that ended with "uck".

Sequester
"To sequester yourself within these battlements is the safest choice, your highness." The bombs whistled through the air all around them. The Queen was seated astride her horse, a claymore glinting at her side.
"No," she replied. "I will not sequester myself away from danger when I should be amongst my men." The battlefield does not know the difference between royal blood and common; it willingly consumes both.

Juxtaposition
The juxtaposition of the chess pieces caused quite a stir inside the young photographer. He had not had them like that before. The contrast was stunning, really. White Queen and Red, facing one another with only a black line dividing them. His mind conjured white roses stained with blood, an army trampling them beneath heavy feet. He photgraphed the intensity of what did not exist, even in juxtaposition.

I have not yet written my paragraph for Precocious, but when I do it will be posted.

Also, just for the heck of it, two limericks I randomly wrote whilst writing my paragraphs for two words. One for Protean and one for Abecedarian. The protean limerick isn't that good, but I rather like the abecedarian one.

Protean
There once was a protean schmuck
who preferred veal to duck
an amoeba complexion
caused quite a distraction
and ended the poor fellow's luck.

Abecedarian
An abecedarian librarian
fucked a septuagenarian
She made quite a fuss
when his cum was but dust
So she married a girl named Marian.

All for now. Will write more later!!
Sarai is OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment