Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Word of the Day (7-14)

Last time I wrote, I posted paragraphs from my word of the day exercises that I'm doing. I plan on posting once a week, so that you can read the crazy, not so good and sometimes just pitiful paragraphs I come up with. Good writing practice for me!! I will also post my paragraph on Precocious, as I hadn't finished it when I last posted. ^^

April 8th: Peccadillo (I found this one by accident)
April 9th: Effusion (Trent picked this one)
April 10th: Effervescent (Trent picked this one too)
April 11th: Peace (I picked this one)
April 12th: Apotheosis (Donnie picked this one)
April 13th: Quintessence (I picked this one)
April 14th: Loquaciously (Donnie picked this one too)

My Paragraphs!

Precocious (04/07/2010)
They call her precocious. They call her a genius, a prodigy. It seems they call her everything but her name. She doesn't want to study or change the world. She just wants to eat candy and stay up late. She just wants to be a little girl.

Peccadillo
"A peccadillo my child. Recite five Hail Mary's and all shall be forgiven." said Father Connor. He sighed as another person entered the booth.
"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."
"What do you wish to confess?"
"I wear woman's underwear and I am not a woman."

Effusion
The poetic effusion of Autumnal bliss engulfed the young poet. She felt inspired by poets long gone. She heard Beethoven in the trees. She saw Robert Frost's writing in the stars. Every brook seemed to have issued from Monet's brush. Powerfully she was humbled by the greatness of those who went before.

Effervescent
Effervescent in nature, Jane tries to be quiet. "An exercise in patience," she says to no one. She flutters, bubbling with anticipation and impatience. As the moment approaches, her excitement grows so that she bounces back and forth on her toes. He approaches, clean cut and dressed in white. Her joy is abundant as he hands her the butter pecan ice cream she ordered.

Peace
Peace is a condition to which all humanity should strive. A condition of tranquility brought on by the cessation of our own prejudices and quarreling. Peace is achieved when we let go of petty faults, prejudices, et cetera. When we forget ourselves and focus on repairing what has been lost, peace will return. Finding peace is like finding a forgotten flower, quietly graceful. Inner peace lies at the heart of inner beauty.

Apotheosis
"It is only a matter of time before I reach my apotheosis!" cackled the Witch. "Soon, I shall be a goddess, powerful beyond measure! A pinch more of this, a pinch more of that into the stew. Destiny conjured into a bottle and sealed with a kiss. Tomorrow I shall be a goddess!"

Quintessence
The quintessence of my existence has been knowing you. You are the epitome of my experience, the love of my life. My world consists of your lips, your arms. What am I without you? Who could I possibly find to replace you? True love is the quintessence of Human experience.

Loquaciously
Loquaciously she sallies forth into the literal unknown. Determined that the whole world will listen to what she says. She rambles, shouting her desires and opinions to a blue sky. In the end they are only opinions. No one cares for a loquacious young woman, preaching on a sidewalk. She is invisible.

All for now!!

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment