Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep.

Today's song plays at work all the time, but for some reason I still love it. I was first drawn to it by the line "We're too far out, we're in too deep. And we've got miles to go before we can sleep." Which reminds me of a poem by Robert Frost that I had to memorize for school, when I was 14 (ah, so many years gone by since then).

Robert Frost is my all time favorite poet. Bar none, truthfully. Though Poe and Shakespeare come in a close tie for second. He wrote my soul without even knowing me. Which is cliched, but I don't care. It is so completely and utterly true.

This is one of those bits of trivia I love at work, but I can't say to a customer. I also love it when a dollar amount comes up as a palindrome. Which nobody but me gets enjoyment out of. I do so love a good palindrome. Even if it is just numbers. Not that anyone cares, but me.

I tried to tell a customer once how a line from this song was from a Robert Frost poem. She ignored me until I asked for her type of payment. That made me sad.

My favorite part of the song however (aside from the beginning line) is towards the end. It speaks to me, it really does. I don't know why, but it does. Such a beautiful song.

"See I have to believe that there's more than this seems.
More than a soul in a boat in a sea of sinking dreams.
And I have to be sure that there's gonna be a cure
'cause, somewhere down the line, I lost that part of me that's pure."

For your pleasure, "Where We Belong" by Thriving Ivory (who has the coolest band name, I think).

1 comment:

  1. Thriving Ivory is one of my favorite bands ever ;) His voice is amazing!! I am always impressed with his voice :)

    ReplyDelete