Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Name Change

I'm thinking about changing the names of David and Alice in "All of Her." No particular reason except that I don't feel like their names fit them. I named them, I created them, but I seem to have created them outside the realm of their names.

I always loved the name David. I still do. He was the Man after God's own heart, though he killed a man, he committed adultery and other things. He was a true man. He was a human being. I could believe in David. And as I'm writing this and the character David is a jerk. He is mean and unnecessarily cruel to Abra. He is someone I would never love or respect. He is someone who I detest. The more I create him, I feel he creates himself. And I don't like thinking of the David I have loved, a man after my own heart though he was full of sin and humanity, as this monster that I have created.

And Alice, I have personal reasons as to why I think I should change her name. And as to why, I probably should've never used that name in the first place. There are so many reasons and I think I have been insensitive to someone dear to me with my use of it. Though I love the name Alice. She is not the character I want to have that name.

I am open to suggestions, but I will be changing them. This is something I thought since day one and I wish I had done it sooner, since now it will be a little more confusing. At least you guys get to say you read the rough drafts of the story before it became famous lol. Like it will ever get finished. :sigh:

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the Northern Americas. I will be going to bed here soon as I have to work the dreaded "Black Friday."

love to all, these holidays.
Sarai

No comments:

Post a Comment