Friday, August 26, 2011

A Cry for A Change

I know I have blogged about the plight of those who are homosexual, bisexual or transgendered. I have protested the horrific behavior and advocated for equal marriage rights. I have posted songs and articles. But I don't think anything has ever hit me as hard as what I am about to post now. Thank you Pomegranate for sending this to me. Everyone should read this. It is hard to read, it is hard to believe that this happens, but OPEN YOUR EYES!

This is going on everywhere, all the time, all over the world. Gay bashing, bullying, intolerance and prejudice, it just needs to END. What kind of society are we?! What kind of people call themselves civilized and free, but we deny the basic rights of living and happiness to the people a few moments before we called friends, brothers, sisters, aunts, mothers, fathers, uncles, cousins, daughters and sons?

This is a cry for it to end! Raise your voice! Speak up, because if you don't, no one else will. And if we never speak up, nothing will ever change!

It Gets Better, RAISE YOUR VOICE AND BE HEARD!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Since some of the writing is small-ish, here is what this powerful picture says (I also corrected some of the spelling errors):

I was the victim of a very harsh gay bashing.
it will have been a year this saturday...

I am not gay.
My best friend is and therefore by association this obviously mean I am gay as well

No one knows,
I can't bring myself to tell anyone or even report it.
It'd be easy to report I know who the bashers were, I still have a shirt that has some of their blood on it (I wasn't going down without a fight), those bastards even filmed it, evidence is just everywhere.

I don't want anyone to see the scars they left,
I don't want to have to take off my shirt in a courtroom so the jury can see the word "faggot" permenantly burned onto my chest

I'm pissed that I'm the one this happened to!
I hate my best fucking friend.
I hate him for my scars, I hate him for my jacked up body,

I hate him because everyone believes my b.s. biking accident story for why I walk with this stupid limp,
I hate him because I'll never be able to hang-out with all our friends again at the pool again,
I hate him because no girl will ever love a guy whose chest says faggot
I hate him because he'll never know what I took for him...

I hate myself for feeling this way

But even with all these bitter hypocritical feelings...

I'd take the bashing all over again so he wouldn't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment