Saturday, March 24, 2012

Raped by the GOP

Explain something to me, because I genuinely want to know:
Why would we vote OUT the one man trying to actually help us (i.e. Lilly Ledbetter Act, defending our right to birth control, etc...) and vote in people who want to take away everything we've worked for over the past 100+ years?

I can understand a man who doesn't get it, men have always had the power and the rights. But I am ashamed to see women being brainwashed into believing they don't deserve the same rights. That they deserve to be raped. That they deserve less pay for equal work. That they deserve to be treated like inferior citizens.

“Rape and incest was used as a reason to oppose this [the mandatory ultrasound for those seeking an abortion]. I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that's part of the counseling that goes on.”
- Sen. Chuck Winders.

Comments like that make me sick. It is not only saying that the woman is making it up, but that it isn't rape if you are married to your rapist. RAPE IS RAPE! NO MEANS NO! No matter if you are married to the person or if you are grabbed by a stranger. This HAS to end. How long are we going to continue cowering? How long before we finally say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?

I hope we say it before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment