Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Subtle Art of Fashion

I am always the first person to admit that I am NOT fashionable. Not in any way, shape or form. I don't like dresses, I abhor shoes and I detest being confined to what is in and what is out. However, this doesn't mean that I don't like things that ARE fashionable. I love looking at beautiful clothes and shoes. I like knowing what is in fashion and what isn't. I like watching the trends while I do my own thing.

Anyway, this is a blog about different things going on in the fashion world. Some of them are strange, some gorgeous and some just what the fuck? Some of them I even like! So let's begin the tour shall we?

For this particular blog let's start with Shoes. Shoes are the bane of my existence. I love being barefoot. Though, admittedly I love the way some shoes look. I also like the way my feet look in some shoes. I think if I had smaller feet I'd like them better. Unfortunately, for myself, I have size 11 feet (10 in men's) and they just don't make enough cute shoes for my size.

2010 is definitely the year for new and innovative shoes. I'm pretty sure that Lady Gaga has helped with this as the shoes she often wears in her videos are very strange and painful looking. And as I'm sure most people know fashion trends often follow celebrity.

The first picture I would like to show is of a shoe imitating a red rose. I think it is one of the most gorgeously designed shoes I've ever seen. I love roses, being one of my favorite flowers, and this particular shoe captures all the beauty of a rose with the simplicity of heels. The curves of the petals are especially beautiful. Delicate and simple, but they add a touch of class to this already classy shoe.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Next we have the Mink Shoe. This shoe is supposedly lined with genuine mink fur. I do not particularly like this shoe, completely putting aside the fact that it is lined with mink. It isn't a very well designed shoe, in my opinion. Also, the particular pairing of reptilian skin and mink fur does not seem very logical to me. Whilst both can create a beautiful piece of fashion, I do not think that the two together is a good combination. Also, the reptilian pattern changes in four different instances, making the unevenness unappealing to say the least.
Follow the link to see where the fur comes from: http://wildlifemysteries.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/american-mink2.jpg
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Next on our list of shoes is the Manolo Blahnik Pepe Sandal. I prefer the closed toe version of these sandals, but was unable to find a good picture of them. I must admit that Manolo Blahnik's shoes are beautiful. I really do like them. If I was into spending hundreds of dollars on shoes that will be out of fashion by the fall, I would buy his shoes. I think what I like about these particular shoes is the simplicity. These shoes don't have to be extravagant or crazy to be beautiful. They are simplistically classy and elegant all on their own.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This next shoe is just for shits and giggles as far as shoes go. Whilst it would definitely be a good anti-rape tool, it is also quite pretty if you look past the spikes. I am a fan of simplicity when it comes to shoes. The simpler the better. Often people think they have to have elaborate hair, costumes and shoes to be beautiful, but beauty is often found in simplicity. Such is the case with this shoe. Remove the spikes and you have a beautiful, simple, shoe.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our next picture is of a shoe designed by Catherine Malandrino. I love the color of it, but not so much a fan of the heel. It is an interesting design and with the right outfit would kick some major ass, but personally speaking I wouldn't wear them. These would, however, offer more support than the average spiked heel.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our last shoe for today is another Manolo Blahnik shoe. I do not know the exact name of this particular shoe, but love it. Well, except the point. I am not that big a fan of pointed toe shoes. I like rounded toe shoes, because it offers more comfort for the wearer. However, many women don't care and will go to great lengths to be fashionable. Such is the case with the pointed toe wonder that is this particular creation by Manolo Blahnik. I love the beading and the design on the shoe itself. It is a simple enough shoe, but the beading and various patterning really brings it out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, that is all for now. I plan on posting some more on the topic of fashion relatively soon. Look forward to Wedding fashion, some more shoe fashion and other such fashionable things.

In the mean time,
Peace and Elbow Grease,
Sarai.

1 comment:

  1. I was told to type a comment, so here it is.

    Also you made a grammatical mistake in paragraph 7, preceding the Manolo Blahnik sandal; You wrote "If I was into spends hundreds of dollars on shoes...". I believe you meant "spending", rather than spends.

    LOVES!

    ReplyDelete