Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Fashionable Affair

As promised here is another blog on Fashion and the Fashionable. Today we're going to look at clothing for women, particularly dresses and swim suits. Partially because the trends hardly ever change for men and partially because I am a woman.

First up on women's fashion is this "classic" knit dress by Mark Fast. I'm not sure what the classic part means. Mr. Fast, I would just like to say has not created anything spectacular with this piece, at least in this blogger's opinion. I could also make something like this, being a knitter. It would take time and the materials, but would roughly cost you $30 to $40. That would cover the materials used and, unless I charged you by the hour, my time spent making it. This piece will cost you £1,285.00. That is how much it would cost you in Euros, in United States Dollars (USD) it will cost you more, because the dollar isn't exactly up right now. Total cost in US currency is $1,572.05.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Next up we have a beautiful bathing suit (as Summer has finally arrived). I don't know who designed it, but I think it is one of the most beautiful pieces I've seen. I especially like the side piece connecting the top and bottom. As far as swimsuits go this is my favorite. If you know who designed this particular piece feel free to leave me a comment.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also in fashion right now is this lovely piece that people are calling a "suspender vest". I actually am looking into making one for myself. I've been seeing a lot of girls wearing this around where I live. I love the simple cut of it and how it accentuates the bust line. I also love the blouse that they chose to pair this with. It looks perfect for the office or a night out with friends. Plus it can be paired with either a nice pair of slacks or a pencil skirt.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is one of my favorite dresses. I love the neckline, I like the hemming and I love the particular shade that they chose for it. I love the length, though I personally wouldn't wear it that short(I'm self-conscious) and I love the way it hangs on the mannequin. Mini dresses are in this season and they are quite cute, in my opinion.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Up next is a black dress by Carla Zampatti. This is another of my favorite dresses, not just because it is black, but because of the simplicity. If you haven't noticed by now, I love simplicity in my clothing and shoes. The ruffles at the top serve to accentuate the simplicity of the rest of the dress, but still add a decent amount of flair to the piece. I'm not quite sure if this is an A-line or an Empire waisted dress because of the model's stance, but it is lovely nonetheless. I would prefer this dress to the fabled "little black dress".
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This next picture is of another bathing suit. This particular bathing suit is a Julisha Cut Out Bathing suit. Firstly, I hate the color scheme. It is too loud and the colors do not match well. Secondly, I don't like the way it is designed. It appears to be too complex to even attempt to put on, let alone be comfortable in. This type of swimsuit is bound to bunch up on you if you try to lay on your stomach and provide some very unappealing tan lines if you lie on your back. And did I mention that I hate the color scheme?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lastly, we have a Hervé Léger piece as worn by singer, Kelly Rowland. I love the designs that are found all over the front and sides of this particular dress. Especially the right side with the lace up pattern. It gives a great sense of a corset on the sides, while still keeping the flow of the rest of the dress. I also love the length of the sleeves. They fit perfectly with the short hem of the dress itself and keep everything balanced.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Look forward to more dresses, shoes, men's clothing, women's clothing and other such fashion trends in the next blog. ^^

Peace and Elbow Grease,
Sarai.

No comments:

Post a Comment